This first forum discussion is about the multi-layer safety approach. We relate to some of the papers that have been published on this issue recently in the third volume of the journal Water Governance. In this volume flood risk governance is the central theme. Jeroen Aerts is one of the authors. We summarize the threat of a hurricane in August 2011. Subsequently Jeroen looks back on this moment.
Contents forum discussion:
At the stage
We give the floor to an expert who will reflect on the role of water governance with respect to the theme. For this theme: Jeroen Aerts about New York.
Addition points of view
Additional we add some other points of view, for instance from reports or papers that have been published recently.
For this theme:
- We are too obedient in the way we collaborate!
- Challenges for new institutions
- A world of difference
Subsequently, the floor is yours. After all, you must be eager to contribute to the discussion and share your knowledge and experience with us. Mail your input to the forum editor and he/she will make sure it will be published on the website forum.
Received input on the theme multi-layer safety policy:
- No strong feelings for multi-layer safety policy at municipalities
- The concept of multi-layer safety: too narrow-minded
- Multi-level safety approach offers opportunities to Rotterdam, but raises questions as well