College Cost Calculator
How much will college cost? Use this free College Cost Calculator to estimate how much college will cost when you or your student are ready to enroll.
Using the College Cost Calculator is fairly simple.
- First, select the age of the student you are saving for.
- Next, select the type of college from the "College type" drop down.
- Next, select a "College Cost Inflation Rate". We recommend that you use 6% for college cost inflation rate . The college cost inflation has typically been in the 5-8% range for many years.
- Next, select a "Calculation type" from the drop down list.
- Finally, select the number of years your student is planning to attend, and then click the "Calculate" button.
- Take a look at the results of your College Cost calculation below.
|Average Published Charges for Full-Time Undergraduates by Sector, 2017-2018|
|In-State Community||In-State Public||Out-of-State Public||Private College|
|Tuition and Fees||$3,570||$9,970||$25,620||$34,740|
|Tuition and Fees & Room and Board||$11,970||$20,770||$36,420||$46,950|
You may also like to try our Student Loan Repayment Calculator to estimate your student loan repayments.