You can use this handy stock calculator to determine the profit or loss from buying and selling stocks. It also calculates the return on investment for stocks and the break-even share price.
The Stock Calculator is very simple to use. Just follow the 5 easy steps below:
- Enter the number of shares purchased
- Enter the purchase price per share, the selling price per share
- Enter the commission fees for buying and selling stocks
- Specify the Capital Gain Tax rate (if applicable) and select the currency from the drop-down list (optional)
- Click on the 'Calculate' button to estimate your profit or loss.
Net Sell Price:
Profit / Loss:
Return On Investment:
Break-Even Share Price:
The Stock Calculator uses the following basic formula:
Profit (P) = ( (SP * NS) - SC ) - ( (BP * NS) + BC )
NS is the number of shares,
SP is the selling price per share,
BP is the buying price per share,
SC is the selling commission,
BC is the buying commission.